Small Footprint Embedded TCP/IP Library
embTCP is a small-footprint "C" library TCP/protocol stack, packaged to allow creation of development and deployment of client and/or server applications running on a variety of embedded target and toolchain combinations. embTCP includes the popular FreeRTOS™ pre-emptive operating system and a variety of programming examples. Accompanying the DEBUG and NON-DEBUG linkable libraries are source code configuration files, examples and operating system.
Note: embTCP releases are "locked" to a particular component and toolchain.
Who Needs embTCP?
If any of the below describe your situation, then embTCP was developed for YOU:
- Your budget won't allow you to license source code.
- You don't want to suffer the ramp-up time often required to learn a new software package;
- Your technical requirements are straightforward enough that you don't need the source code;
- You might be interested in source code, but only AFTER a prototype or proof-of-concept is up and running;
- You feel more comfortable getting started with a pre-integrated "package" of RTOS, communication stack, Ethernet driver and examples.
- BSD Sockets
- Fragmentation and re-assembly
- Loop back interface (127.0.0.1)
- Support for Auto-IP Assignment
- DHCP Client
- DNS Client
- NicheTool (which may be largely disabled if desired)
- Versatile buffer management scheme
More about embTCP ...